Wednesday, November 3, 2021

The Hateful Eight - Klaus - Homage

 

Hey Y'all 

Here is a little progression painting that I did. It was doing a master study from a film still. I always loved the two shots of the wagon train coming in, in the movie The Hateful Eight. I even gasped in the movie theater when I saw the two shots. Just the light and composition were so great. Tip of the cap to Quentin Tarantino and Cinematographer Richard Richardson. I also loved Klaus done from SPA Studios. So I created a new brush and only used it for this painting (aside for the soft light bloom and atmosphere in the back). I also changed up the composition, details, and color a bit...cant do an exact copy. I wanted more of the elements pointing towards the warm building, where the wagon train is eventually going towards.

Final Painting

Adjusting the Composition and adding more details

Simplified Master study, adjusting some tangents and details that are less important

Film Still: The Hateful Eight


Cheers and Enjoy!!

No comments: